REGULATOR SAFETY SHUT OFF VALVE
( RSSV )
TOOS HENGAM ENGINEERING COMPANY
Professional In Systems Analysis
The THECO Gas Pressure Regulator type SM500 integrated with Protection System is designed to reduce upstream pressure and protect equipments downstream of a pressure reducing station in a gas distribution system.It consists of a disk valve & closure valve complete with actuator and control system supplied in a self contained and compact unit. It can be installed in pipeline upstream of the Cabinet/Flat type pressure reducing gas station. So it is shut- off valve with regulator and for SM500 series II type there is a facility can be switch by user to regulator shut-off or shut- off device Which ever are necessary. According to this the SM500 regulator safety shut-off valve has two type of designation (type I & II). It regulate and reduce pressure to desired pressure although if there is an excessive change in pressure downstream of the station due to an equipment or operational malfunction, it will react by shutting off the supply of high pressure gas, the pressure switch can sense either rising pressure, falling pressure(ordered by client) or both as specified .in fact it is regulator equipped with double shut off valves so with huge safety factor
- Closure Valve
- Disk Valve
- Control box (1st actuator)
- 2nd Actuator
|PI:UP TO 1600 psig||INLET PRESSURE|
|300# TO 600#||CLASS RANGE|
|-20 °C TO + 60 °C||OPERATING TEMPERATURE|
|NATURAL GAS,PROPANE,AIR,NITROGEN AND NON – CORROSIVE GASES||ACCEPTABLE GASES|
|+ 5% RSP & -10% RSP , + 3% SOPSP &
– 5% SOPSP
SIZES & CONNECTIONS
|25 ,51,76,102,152,203,254,305 Ф||ORIFICE DIAMETER(mm)|
|SEE TABLE||BODY LENGTHS|
SM500 – I – 100 – B – 300/60
Series DN Size Pressure Class
DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHT
|ANSI300/600||ANSI 600||ANSI 300||NOMINAL SIZE|
|St. St. 304 ,Al, CS||ACTUATORs SSV|
|St .St./ AL||CONTROL MECHANISM|
|STAINLESS STEEL / AL/ ZINC COATED STEEL||INTERNAL PARTS|
|NBR RUBBER/ VITON||SEALS|
|NBR RUBBER RAINFORCED / BUNA N||DIAPHRAGM|
|St. St. A17.4||RG. Disc|
|C.S. (Galvanized )||Spring|
|A216-WCB OR A351-CF8||Slam Shut Disk|
|C.S.||Body Closure Valve|
|St. St.||Name Plate|
|St. St.||CONTROL BOX ACTU.|
The spare parts are included as below table for each SM500:
|QTY||PART NUMBER||Material||Part Name||ITEM|
|1||9000057A||NBR RUBBER RAINFORCED / BUNA-N||DIAPHRAGM||1|
|1||9000058A||NBR RUBBER/ VITON||ORIFICE SEAT||2|
-The Regulator safety shut off valve SM500 series II can be switching by user to regulator shut off valve and shut off valve device separately.
-The pressure can be regulated by a regulator installed in the control box .
-The pressure switch can sense either rising pressure.
-On reaching of a rising pressure or signal(SOPSP) the system will close the pipeline valve very smoothly and fast .
– The system is double shut off for more safety.
– The system is contained within a stainless steel lockable box .
– Inlet gas system is filtered through a cartridge filter.
– The gas pressure is then controlled via a pressure control valve to the set pressure.
-The outlet gas pressure is monitored using a pressure indicator .
– The hand lever valves are fitted with a pressure control valve to protect equipment on the output side of the shut off valve
To arrive at the correct Regulator Safety Shut-Off valve size, the KG characteristic should be read from the table below using the differential pressure between Pa and Pb to obtain maximum flow rate under standard condition Qp(MSCF).
In case of overcritical relief, the following formula applies:
Qp = Partial open valve capacity (SCFH), Standard cubic feet per hour
Pa = Upstream pressure
Pb = Downstream pressure
KG = Constant Value
G = Specific gravity of gas
- SUBCRITICAL FLOW
Pa = 389.73 psia (375.00 psig + 14.73 psia)
Pb = 59.73 psia (45.00 psig + 14.73 psia)
DP = 330 psi
KG = 64 (2 inch valve From above table)
G = 0.64 sp. gr.
Qp = 212.4 MSCF
Safety Shut off Valve
Its system provides a fast and accurate response to flow rate variation.
The following accessories ease the use of SM500:
- Manual shut-off button for emergency closing
- Double shut-off valve
- Easy to substitute Safety shut off valve or Regulator / Shut off valve optional device together
Special equipments to control gas flow on the system. if gas pressure passed from restriction limitation automatically actuator disconnect the flow. so actuator is connected between gas source, regulator and shut off valve
It contains two major parts, closure body and closure valve you can see these part in picture below .
Closure valve control by an actuator(1st actuator) is basically work such as pneumatic valve to control ultimate gas flow .
Disk valve is also another basically part in Safety Shut Off Valve because of more safety in shut off action, Disk valve place inside of body too, so if any valve has a problem another valve cover its duty.
to conform between different components of system .Disk valve is including three major part include Disk , Valve Body and Rod.
Regulator Safety Shut Off Valve Function -Series II (ARSALAN)
THECO SM500 gas pressure regulator is designed to maintain outlet pressure at a constant level by equalizing fluctuations in inlet pressure or gas consumption. Under zero-flow condition, the control element is required to shut tightly. As the figure shows, the control element will open whenever the outlet pressure declines because of, for instance, an increase in consumption, while it will close whenever the outlet pressure increases. The energy needed for operating the control element is tapped directly from the flow of gas; auxiliary energy is not required.
The outlet pressure is registered by the comparator diaphragm of regulator .nominal outlet pressure is adjusted by manipulating the control spring.
If the outlet pressure drops below the set value because of an increase in consumption or for any other reason control pressure goes up. This causes the control element to open further, so that the outlet pressure rises again.
If the outlet pressure builds up beyond the set value, the control pressure goes down.
As soon as pressure rises beyond the set limit, the actuators command to switching valves to close and finally the governor is closed.
It recommended to use this type of regulator shut off valve in pressure reducing station Flat type.
Regulator Safety Shut Off Valve Function -Series I (PARNIAN)
Theco recommended regulator safety shut off valve series I to use in pressure reducing station cabinet type.
Before installing the pressure regulator in the piping, the following must be checked:
- The upstream and downstream flanges must be parallel and the pressure regulating unit must be capable of being fitted without undue stress.
- The upstream piping must be cleaned from all impurities (sand, welding slag, etc.)
- The pressure regulator must not be visibly damaged.
- The inlet and outlet chambers of the Regulator shut off valve must be perfectly
- the switch of shut off/regulator should be distinguished according to desired specifications and Gas station position.
After these checks have been made, the unit can be installed in the piping, making sure that the direction of gas flow corresponds to the arrow on the regulator shut off valve’s body .We recommend performing installation with the valve body in horizontal alignment.
R.S.S.O.V. SM500 series II (ARSALAN)
The THECO SM500 has two commissioning according to the two optional device
- Safety Shut off Valve Mode
- open the sensing line valves (No.6&7) then open the main valve. note that first you must slowly open drain valve before Safety shut off valve to prevent any pressure fluctuation.
- Open the By-pass valve (No. 3) to have an equalized pressure at both sides of safety shut off valve.
- Close the regulator switching valve (No.1).
- Open the shut off switching valve (No.2).
- Turn the valve button (No .4) to left, according to stainless steel user guide plate installed in the control box.
- Turn the control valve handle (No. 5) to left in the middle of box according to stainless steel user guide plate installed in the control box.
Now the safety shut off valve is ready to be in service.
- B) Regulator Safety Shut off Valve Mode
- Open the sensing line valves(No.6&7) then open the main valve. note that first you must slowly open drain valve before Safety shut off valve to prevent any pressure fluctuation.
- Open the regulator switching valve (No. 1).
- Close the shut off switching valve (No. 2).
- Turn the button (No.4) to left, according to name plate user guide plate installed in the control box.
- Turn the Control valve (No. 5) handle to left in the middle of box according to stainless steel user guide plate installed in the control box.
Now the Regulator safety shut off valve is ready to be in service.
While shutting off the gas line happened, it is possible for operator to start up regulator according to this procedure after solving the problems that almost occur in regulators.
R.S.S.O.V. SM500 series I
For THECO SM500 series I commissioning are according to the below explanation.
- Open the sensing line valves (No.4&5) then open the main valve. note that first you must slowly open drain valve before Safety shut off valve to prevent any pressure fluctuation.
- Turn the control valve button (No.1) to left, according to stainless steel user guide plate installed in the control box.
- Turn the control valve handle (No.2) to left in the middle of box according to stainless steel user guide plate installed in the control box.
Now the regulator safety shut off valve is ready to be in service.
While shutting off the gas line happened, it is possible for operator to start up Regulator according to this procedure after solving the problems that almost occur in regulators.
Professional in systems analysis
P.O.Box : 91895-139
Tel/Fax :(+98 511) 6228988-9
Web : www.theco.ir
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org